COALITION FOR AFRICAN AMERICANS IN THE PERFORMING ARTS
CAAPA, presents the Opera for Fun Youth Outreach Program, a multi-sphered Arts Integration program for students Pre-K to 12th grade. Opera for Fun introduces, integrates, and engages students into appreciating opera, vocal, instrumental and classical music in a fun, new, and exciting way.
CAAPA's Opera for Fun Arts Integration Programs
- View arts integration as a valuable teaching methodology,
- Respect and understand the unique approaches each has used, and
- Is invested in building long-term relationships among teachers, artists, students, and communities
- Brings together existing connections between the music and other disciplines.
CAAPA's Music Masters
- Present a one-time 45-minute interactive program,
- Establish clear instructional goals,
- Motivates & assists students to creates a music presentation,
- Collaborates with the music teacher,
- Supports and enhances learning in areas such as speaking, literature, and language arts,
- Encourages students to perform presentation pieces,
- Helps assess outcomes, and
- Aligns instruction with county standards and benchmarks.
CAAPA Incorporates Dimensions of Implementation Including:
- Leadership commitment
- Curricular integration
- Instructional effectiveness
- Intra and inter-school music programming collaborations
- Parental involvement
- Community partnerships
- Opportunities for accelerated student music skills
CAAPA's Opera for Fun
Arts Integration Program:
- Boosts Creativity
- Critical Thinking
- Global Understanding
CAAPA’s unique charity banner to the left will take supporters like you of CAAPA directly to smile.amazon.com. Click on this banner to support CAAPA by ordering your products from Amazon as you always have without any change in price from normal Amazon’s website. It’s the easiest way for customers like you to support your charity.
Post Office Box 44954
Fort Washington, Maryland 20749